Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My First Love


This car is my first love. This is the first car that I have ever owned. I saved and scrimped in high school for it so I could have a way to take early college. I've had it for almost four years. On November 5th, I got into a pretty bad collision. I'm so blessed and so lucky to come out of it without serious injury. Just some neck and lower back sores. Here is a picture of its sad, crooked little smile after my dad and I bent the bumper back to make it presentable. It runs! Thank goodness! But there are some problems with it. Antifreeze leaks like crazy! The radiator is cracked pretty bad along the top. And the power steering fluid leaks as well. My daddy and I took last Sat to take it apart and look at the damage. The power steering tube is fixed and getting a new radiator will fix the antifreeze leakage. I don't want to get rid of this car! I love it! Plus, no payments on it....the best kind of car for newly weds.
A new radiator is on its way for this Sat. We'll be installing it ourselves. My dad is a genius! After that, my little scoot-a-bout will be as good as new and then I can scoot-a-bout anywhere I need.
Thanks to all of those that I bummed rides from. Much appreciated!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about you car!! I know how much you love it :)