Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Chicken Chow Mein


This picture means a thousand words to me. Comes with a story that is going down in the books of 'Reese & Beccie'.

Reese was at work. I was craving Chinese food. We are newly weds and can't afford to eat out. So I scrimped around the house and made homemade chicken chow mein from things I found.

Ingredients included:
Chow Mein noodles,Chicken, Chick peas, Red Bell Peppers, Salt/Pepper, Soy Sauce, Broccoli, and Mushrooms, etc. The house smelled amazing, I'd have to say. And it was pretty darn good!

That night I had to work. I had to spend the night overnight at a house up in Eagle Wood. After Reese got off, he came up and visited me. He said he was way hungry and that he was craving pizza. He hinted, 'Guess what babe!? Red Robin Pizza is on sale this week at Dick's!' I gave him the go ahead to buy the pizza but that we'll eat it for a date night that weekend. I said, 'I just made giant size load of Chicken Chow Mien.' He seemed anxious to try the chinese food and was happy about the idea I proposed.

The week passes and soon comes the weekend. The chinese was almost gone. But hey, its Friday night, we both have it off of work. Lets eat pizza! I told Reese that I'll put the luandry away if he heats the oven and makes a vegetable. The look on his face was priceless! He looked like a kid that was about to confess something horrible to his mother. Scared, nervous, and vulnerable. I asked him what was up.

He proceeded to tell me that when he went home that night after visiting me, he cooked up a pizza and ate it ALL. BY HIMSELF, mind you!

I was shocked! I tease him about it to this day! I am not letting him go. I 'slaved' over that gourmet dinner and he didn't even eat any of it that night! He ate the pizza....WITHOUT ME!!!
Ha ha ha. What a story to tell our kids....

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oh this is funny! That's all i have to say!