Saturday, December 20, 2008

Knoxville, Tennessee

Good morning! Its 2 in the morning here in the winding state of Tennessee. Boona and I have risen the white flag! We are so exhausted. After driving from 3 pm till 1:30 am, and driving 40 mph up and down winding mountain sides, we are ready to catch some Zzzz's. Today was such an adventure though, my goodness!

For starters, we raced to clean his apartment. We started at 10 am and didn't finish till 2:45 pm. It took FOREVER! We cleaned even nook and cranny, every crooked fanny, (ha ha ha from Snow White). It looked so good. So good! We got the 'Passed' card from the landlord and ran for Betsy (Boona's Jeep.) It was a bitter sweet goodbye to Clint's roommate, Nick. He is such a fun guy. Full of whitty remarks and good stories. With promises to visit, we said goodbye for now, and headed East. It was about 3:00 p.m. when we shoved off.

With the sweet commanding voice of Lucy as our guide (the GPS unit Nick gave us) we crawled onto Highway 40. And when I say CRAWLED, I mean we went as fast as a Jazzy Scooter with the biggest obese guy you can imagine trying to run it up a hill, flabby rolls flappin in the wind and everything. Jeeps aren't great for towing. Don't get me wrong, we'll make it home, but the 5'8' trailer we're towing isn't the lightest.

With songs from Counting Crows, Collective Soul, NIN, Gene Autry, Thriving Ivory, Atlanis Morriset, Kerli, Elton John, Katy Perry, City of Angels Soundtrack and yes, even Miss Britney Spears, we made good timing to our first stop.....Chick-Fil-A. Never been to one. I would totally go again. Random life-size cardbooard cutouts of cows posting 'Eat More Chicken' signs really made it worth it! Not bad prices either. The Chris Cringle hats atop thier heads made it more homely. Mmmmm......home. (Homer Simpson voice)

From there it was Mt. This and Mt. That. (Appilation Mountains) We slithered our way to the top and slunked our way down. It was pouring 'fat rain' as Forrest Gump would say. I've never seen it rain like that in my life. The windshield whippers couldn't move fast enough. No reflecters and badly painted roads made it worse. It was pitch black, fog as thick as whipped cream, and rain drops the size of dimes. On several occasions I had to stop my heart from beating so fast.

Hydroplaning became a norm. But on three occasions we almost lost it. Luckily, Boona being such an expertise driver.....brownie points here ;) .....we made it!

Well, I need to hit the sack. I'm the navigator of this shin dig and I need a sharp mind for our adventures. Take care. Don't freeze out there in Utah! He he he.

PS- I have picks of today, but its pitch black in this hotel room to find any cords to hook the camera to the laptop. Speaking of camera, its in the Jeep. There's no way I'm going out there in this strange place, in the dark, while its pouring rain. You'll have to suffer one more day without seeing my B-E-A-utiful face. Tough love.

Shout Out!
Hey Baby! I'm almost home! 3 days till your lovin arms! 3 days till I kiss your lips again! 3 days till I can snuggle next to you to sleep! 3 days till I can look into your amazing baby blues! 3 MORE DAYS!!! I love you so much. I miss you! Later. I love you!!!!

3 comments:

Kaylene said...

I would appreciate it if you didn't talk about my brother like that. Ew gross.. *PUKE*
You better get home fast or you wont get your present... and in my opinion, its awesome!! Say hi to clint for me. Be safe! Maybe you should text me once in a while! So i at least know you still care.... sniff sniff.. haha jk. :P Miss you much!

Beccie Nielsen said...

Hey girly girl! I am still alive yes. But very much in danger! It is crazy out here. Clint and I pulled over at Amarillo, TX because we were sliding off the road. It is snowing like crazy. If we are lucky, we'll be home by Christmas morning. Its so crazy. Well, I need to go to sleep now. I'm so tired and I need a bright mind for tomorrow's storm. Laters! PS- I would so text you more, but I hardly have cell service out in the rolling plains.

Leah Re-Etta said...

Hey Beccie!!!
Sounds like you had an awesome trip. I'm glad you got to go be with your bro. How's is everything else going? You haven't blogged in a while...hahah...i'm the same exact way:) I'm glad we got to see each other over christmas. We still have catching up to do though. Miss you!
-Leah